Saturday, April 25, 2009

Some Funnies

1) I had been resting on my bed when Josiah and Ansher ran into my room and crawled up close to me with their huge blankies over their heads. I giggled a little at Josiah then he giggled back. That made me laugh more which made him laugh more... we did this back and forth for a while then he sighs and says- with a serious face-, "I wonder what we're laughing about..."
I thought it was pretty cute...

2) Today Josiah was on my lap and he asks me "Mom, did God make everything?"
"Yes"
"How did He make us?"
"Well..."
"You know what I think? I think He grabbed some eyeballs out of a drawer then some eyelashes out of the other drawer then an arm out of the other one. Then he started our engines and put us in our families..."


3) The boys helped me with laundry today. You may or may not know that they have a somewhat unhealthy attachment to the homemade tassle blankies that Aunt Shauna made for them when they were babies... Anyway, they very reluctantly allowed me to take the blankies after I promised that I would give them back after they smelled better! They followed me down to the washer and cried when I put them in the water.
When it was time to put the load in the dryer, they ran downstairs with me and insisted on placing their blankies into the dryer themselves. They lovingly talked to their blankies...
"It's okay, 'Firefly,' you're going in the dryer. I love you. Mommy's not going to hurt you. I will wait for you..."
"It's okay, 'Baseball,' you need to go in there. I will hold you in my bed when you're done."

4) So, tonight Michael and I both tucked the boys into bed, told stories to them and snuggled for a while. Honestly, I was ready to get out of there and just spend sometime with Michael because he's been out of town for a week.
As I was getting up to leave the room, they both insisted that I cuddle with them a little longer. I don't even remember exactly what I said... something like, "It's time for bed now. You have each other and Jesus is with you."
Asher pops up and angrily says, "Mom, Jesus isn't real!! I want you to come in here!"

1 comment:

chris and diane said...

oh my goodness - this is just wonderful and these have both chris and i laughing! i can just picture their little faces as they same them....oh how much we miss siah and asher!!!